What is a Brite Tank?
Brite tanks are key components in the production of beer and are primarily used to clarify and carbonate beer and kombucha. Brite tanks are the final stop in the brewing process after leaving the brewhouse and fermenters.
They can also be used for both the storage of finished beer for later canning, bottling, and kegging and as serving vessels allowing unpackaged beer to be poured and served directly from the brite tank.
Why Select a Mixing Tanks USA Brite Tank?
Mixing Tanks USA brite tanks provide the brewer with several key advantages:
- Integrated volumetric sight glass saves time and effort for tax determination
- Every tank equipped with a 4”/10 cm ultimate drain for rapid and easy clean-out
- Precision laser welded dimple jacket with integrated baffling reduces glycol demand and increases tank efficiency by 25%
- Field tested by some of America’s leading craft brewers
- Insulated vessels add efficiency, minimize heat-loading, and reduce safety hazards
- Made of 100% non-reactive, sanitary-finished, 304 food-grade stainless steel
- Innovative design registers zero stress on the internal structure of the tank
- Integrated Clean in Place (CIP) systems allow rapid and convenient cleaning
- Sight glass is fully Clean-In-Place ready without additional components
- Manufactured using PKW’s proprietary Flowing Quality Control (FQC) process which maintains the highest standards of quality throughout fabrication
Mixing Tanks USA brite tanks are some of the most consistent performing and eye-catching brite tanks to be found anywhere. Our brite tanks will shorten your work day while providing a return on your investment for years to come.
Mixing Tanks USA Brite Tank Specifications
Mixing Tanks USA Single-Wall Brite Tank Schematic
As with all our brewing equipment, Mixing Tanks USA brite tanks are designed and manufactured to exacting standards:
- Capacities available include:
- bbl: 2, 3.5, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 60, 90, and 120
- hL: 2.3, 4.1, 5.9, 8.2, 11.7, 17.6, 23.5, 35.2, 46.9, 70.4, 105.6, and 140.8
- Other capacities available upon request
- All brite tanks can be either single-walled or double-walled (jacketed and insulated)
- 100% food-grade 304 and 316 stainless steel, 12-gauge inner tank steel (on jacketed/insulated tanks) and 14-gauge shell materials
- All brite tanks are rated to 14.7 PSI (1 bar) operating pressure
- Top-mount manway (optional side-mount configurations available)
- All welds are blended and finished to a sanitary food-grade finish
- Every brite tank is equipped with:
- pressure relief valve
- blow-off/clean-in-place (CIP) tube
- CIP spray ball
- sample valve
- butterfly valves
- TC clamps, gaskets and clamps
- 90-degree elbows
- optional rupture disc assemblies available
Mixing Tanks USA brite tank designs draw on our experience producing over 5,000 brewery and craft beverage vessels and commissioning over 375 new breweries worldwide since 2011. Our breweries deliver award winning results across every style of beer on a global stage.
MixingTanksUSA is a business unit of Portland Kettle Works (“PKW”). Portland Kettle Works was founded in 2011 to build the highest quality stainless steel brewing and beverage equipment applications. Since then we have built and installed over 375 breweries and thousands of mixing and storage tanks worldwide. We’ve now expanded into producing the highest quality mixing and storage tanks for a variety of applications. If you need high-quality stainless steel mixing and storage tanks for conventional or custom applications, contact us and we can help you, too. And if you’re interested in the world’s best stainless steel craft beer and beverage brewing equipment, Made in the USA, click here to visit Portland Kettle Works official brewing equipment website. In addition, if you’re located in Mexico or Latin America, click here to visit Portland Kettle Works Spanish language site.